Friday, August 24, 2007

Olbermann special on NBC

Some of my readers have asked what TV shows are out there for folks who don't have cable. So much of the stuff I write about is from MSNBC, Comedy Central, HBO, Al Jazeera English, and other channels that don't offer conventional broadcast signals. This weekend, many of you will get the opportunity to experience MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, a news anchor I have compared to Edward R. Murrow, the man who is single-handedly responsible for my decision to change cable companies. (The old cable didn't include MSNBC, so I switched.) He will be doing a special Sunday broadcast of his Countdown news program on NBC instead of MSNBC. It will air at 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 4pm Pacific, leading into the football game. The online TV schedule web sites I've checked still show the normal Sunday lineup, national news at 7:00 and local at 7:30, but the NBC/MSNBC web sites assure me that Keith will be on. I don't know if there will be a "Special Comment" segment, but we can hope.

Of course, that doesn't help those of you here in San Francisco who don't have cable, since San Francisco has no NBC affiliate. Oh, well; can't be helped.

Technorati tags: , , ,